Thursday, March 11, 2010

Home for the Neurologist

Well, I am home safely from Dr. Rosenfield's office. The appointment went well with tests to follow. Tomorrow I am scheduled for an EMG test. This will test the nerve responses in my legs and arms to see how they are reacting to stimulus. I have had one done before which showed slowing, but Dr. Rosenfield wanted on that was more indepth than the one I had prior. So, off to Methodist I go for the test. No big deal though...just some shock waves sent through me. Next week I am scheduled for an MRI of my brain, neck and lumbar of the spine. The doctor is trying to rule out MS and trying to see if I have a syndrome that he suspects. I don't know the name ~ and he didn't want me to remember it, write it down, or google it yet ~ so I cannot tell you, but it is cause from a viral infection that attacks the nerves. Both tests should be able to tell us if MS or the syndrome are present or suspect that they are present. Of course, the doctor will be able to see if any other problems may be there as well. He definitely knows that something is not right and said he would not stop until he figure out what was going on. Finally, someone who will get to the bottom of this crap and not just blow me off ~ hopefully. But, I promise as the patient I will be more vigilant in my care and make sure that I am heard and well taken care of. I have to...for myself and my family. I will let you all know more when I do. Thanks for your support. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment